We have made it to the 6 month mark! We are slowly but surely settling in to our new lifestyle and are adjusting to the German ways.
(Like living in a snow globe)
There are some things we love about Germany and some things we miss about the US. So here is a list of a few things we truly miss about the good old United States of America:
- Target- This one is pretty self-explanatory for all the Target lovers out there. I miss having a huge store that has everything there from food to diapers to clothes. Somewhere I can just stroll around in and do one stop shopping. There are a few places like that here but it just isn’t the same as my favorite Target.
- Parking Lots- Speaking of big stores, I also miss the big parking lots. Parking is at a premium here. So when there is a parking lot (or more likely a parking garage), the parking space is tiny. I have 2 kiddos that I have to get in and out of the car with one in an infant car seat. I need some space! I miss you American parking lots!!
- Drive-Thru- Specifically I need a Starbucks drive-thru. I am not much of a fast food eater so that doesn’t impact me but I would love, love, LOVE to get some caffeine via a drive thru. Particularly right now with a newborn (aka Midnight Crib Raver) and a toddler, it would be awesome for someone to hand me some hot caffeine directly into my car while the 2 of them are strapped down in their car seats. Oh well. At least we are saving some money by not buying as many $5 drinks. Ha! (Kinder Eggs make everything better)
- Ice- I know I have mentioned this one before in previous blogs but it is worth mentioning again. They don’t serve ice in drinks here. I still find it strange and every once in a while you just want a super cold drink over ice.
- IPA Beers- This one is from Gavin. Germany has great beer don’t get us wrong but they are not into IPA beers. We aren’t being depraved here of awesome beer opportunities but Gavin would love a few IPAs in the mix.
- You- Most of all we miss our friends and family. It is fun being on a new adventure but we also miss all of the good times with all of you. (The fun continues)